Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Bies
    Participant

instead of just posting a seasonal warning and not even testing the water, why does’t the state come out and find out why our lake has the earliest algae bloom that i have seen in the last 25 years. something is wrong and it needs to be fixed. do we as a community need to start a letter writing campaign to our representatives? this is real weak.
      mike bies

John H. Illias
      Participant

Yes. I would like to know what is causing the algae.

Jerry Baker
        Participant

Hmmm… I’m sure it’s just coincidental that dam modifications were put in service at the same time increased occurrences of lake algae bloom began.

Carol Fuchs
          Participant

The OHA is the one who sent out the advisory. Here is a link to their contacts. If we all sent an email and asked these questions we might get some answers. Worth a try.

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ERD/Pages/Contacts.aspx

Carol Fuchs
            Participant

I sent my email to Dawn Jagger…..Chief of staff. If nothing else maybe she can direct us to answers.
              Carol Fuchs

Mike Bies
              Participant

I sent my email to Dawn Jagger this morning also. I am in contact with the dept of environmental quality in Jefferson and deschutes county. I will update all when i hear from them.
                Mike Bies

Carol Fuchs
                Participant

Thank you Mike Bies. The more of us who ask questions the more we stir the pot.

David Gasporra
                  Participant

I know some of the information we have researched points directly to the huge industrial farms that are dumping their run off into the lake. High concentrations of fertilizer are linked to Algae blooms. I know farming is a hard life but maybe we can come up with a solution to help decrease the amount of chemical runnoff into our lake.

3 Rivers Gate
                    Participant

Between the algae blooms every summer and the fire hazards reducing recreation opportunities… the appeal of the area is being lost.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.